Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mum knows best





I remember my mum telling me that life is a theater and no matter what be stolz (proud in German).

I remember my mum getting ready for the day doing her nails with one of her favorite shade of red and having in the drawers in the powder room hundreds of different shades of red of lipsticks in the apartment where she used to live.

I also remember that she liked her steak rare and when I told her that I like mine more well done, she put it back in the pan relunctantly. We used to go to a steakhouse Churrasko in Geneva quite often. I could see that she was looking forward to get her steak fix.

I remember walking down the streets of New York, 5th avenue, probably, my mum holding my hand tightly and then I got a badge Miss Piggy for President.

My mum used to do the brushing on my hair to perfection almost a la Nana Mouskiri and dressed me with ruffle blouse and corderoy pants and square heeled shoes.

She put me on skies at a very early age and very proudly she remembered till this time when I came back home with a gold medal. She was so proud of me. Every Wednesday on my day off of school, I used to take a bus with other kids and spent the whole day skiing in the mountains.

Thank you mum for loving me so much and bringing style in my life. I love you too, always will.