Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Inspiration behind BUBBLE of JOY

I went through a folder that I call Inspiration and I found the original drawing for my painting Bubble of Joy. It's amazing. I forgot all about it. I just wanted to share with you all my sketches. I got inspired by the fish shagreen so when I saw a while back in 2001 an article in the Vogue magazine about shagreen bags and when I found some plastic tubes in a store, I got all excited and went ahead in the making of Bubble of Joy. I drew also inspiration from my childhood seeing my brother creating a painting made of colorful silk paper, like a collage.


I originally called Bubble of Joy, Ray of Sun as you can see below but come to think of it, I decided to call it Bubble of Joy because I love bubble bath, the more bubbles the better and if the bubbles come in color then I am in heaven.

No comments: